Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012

When I was a kid, my dad took us to a lot of Civil War battlefields.  When we were at the Crater, it was raining but by golly, we got out of the car and looked at the big hole in the ground.  When we were at Mount Vernon, George Washington's house, I finally got it.  I had to duck going into his bedroom and I realized that he would have had to duck to go into his own bedroom.  Suddenly I realized, I was walking where history walked.  Today I drug my wife and son up a hill in hundred degree heat to look at ruts in the ground that were wagon wheel ruts from the Santa Fe Trail.  Sarah appreciated it about as much as Mom used to appreciate battlefields, but maybe one day Bryce will understand like I do now.  Thanks Dad!

Bryce had a much better time at the Lee Richardson Zoo that we went to today.


No comments:

Post a Comment